"Cairns" by Chana

First Aeroplane
I was a bit nervous at first because I'd never (except for when I was 1) been on an aeroplane before. I didn't like my ears popping and hurting on the way up and it was worse on the way down but it was fine when I was up there. Abram was scared that we were going to get lost at the airport which was funny! We were flying with Jetstar. It was very loud because a baby kept on screaming.

Cairns
The first day we stayed at Treetops Lodge. We went to the man-made Lagoon in the center of town. The next day we went to Muddy's Playground. I was a bit old for it so I didn't have as much fun. The next day was the highlight of the trip. We went to the Great Barrier Reef with a company called SeaStar.
My favourite fish was one that looked like it had a maze printed on it. It was about 30cm long. We saw Nemo in the anemone. He was no more than 2cm long. We stopped in 2 places. Off a sand cay in the middle reef and out in the middle of the ocean in the outer reef. The middle reefs deepest was about 2m but the outer reefs deepest was about 20m. I saw lots of fish, lots of coral and a turtle. The turtle's shell was about 50cm. Our guide, Kiana, told us not to swim above turtles because they hold their breath for 4 hours but if they need to breath they swim down instead of up and drown. My brothers and I got seasick. The crew served us morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.